Saturday 2 January 2016

Bookish New Year’s Resolutions!

Happy New Year everybody! This is going to be a short and sweet post to put into writing my goals for this year.


1. I am going to read the books that I have hoarded: I have at least seventy unread books in my house waiting to be read, and I want to get through as many of those as I can this year.

2. I am going to set realistic reading goals: last year, I told myself I would read 100 books. While I was at university, that was a realistic goal; I was spending up to four hours each day reading whilst travelling to and from university, and then I had spare time at home to read as well. But then I started a full-time job, and my reading goal took a massive hit. I managed to read 75 books, which is still an achievement, but I was disappointed in myself. So this year, I want to read at least 50 books.

3. Only buy books I need: this doesn’t sound like something I am going to stick to. But I impulse buy books in Waterstones and on Amazon and it just makes my hoard pile bigger, so my first purchase of the year is going to be a sequel, and the books after that will only be books I feel I absolutely have to read straight away. If I can’t stick to it, I may have to get my boyfriend to impose a book-buying ban on me.

4. Post more book reviews: another downside to having a full-time job was that I didn’t have time to write and post my book reviews anymore. I started to get overwhelmed by how many were piling up that I lost my motivation to write them anymore. I am hoping to get back into the habit of writing them again, so you’ll be seeing a lot more of me this year! As a side note to this, I will be making more use of my instagram (asdfghjklize) and tumblr (lizebronwenreviews) accounts to post more bookish things.

5. Make more time for reading: this is the big one. I won’t be able to meet any of my other four goals without making more time in my lunch hours and at home to read more. I have a lot of books I’m excited to read this year waiting for me, and I’m excited to start them.

I hope you all have a book-filled 2016!

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...