Friday 29 April 2016

REVIEW: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

I read this book in anticipation of the film coming out in June, and it’s only made me even more excited to see it! I hope my boyfriend is prepared to hand me tissue after tissue in the cinema. I had to write this review the second I put the book down, I was so excited to tell everyone how much I loved it.


Louisa Clark was happy with her simple life, having never left her small hometown, and had no plans to change anything. She lived with her sister, her nephew, and her parents, and she had a boyfriend that she had been with for so long that she refused to admit that she may not love him anymore. But her whole life was turned upside down in the matter of one day, when the cafe she loved working in got shut down unexpectedly, forcing her to look for a new job.

Will Traynor was a successful businessman before a motorcycle accident ruined his life. He has lost full use of his legs, and the majority of his arms, he can no longer hold down his job or flat in London, and is destined to live out the rest of his life in a wheelchair. His independence has now been replaced by around-the-clock care, in the form of Nathan, his night-time carer.. and Lou, his new daytime carer.

Lou and Will take a while to get used to each other; Will finds her too chatty and she finds him rude. But eventually they fall into step with each other, and a beautiful friendship arises. Lou soon makes it her mission to teach Will how to live again, and to accept his new life as a quadriplegic.

I really enjoyed this book, the characters were so beautiful and the story touched me in a way that a book hasn’t for a long time. I wish there were more books like this, that make you think about what you would do in Lou or Will’s position. The film has an excellent cast, bringing together stars from Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and Game of Thrones, and I think it will do the book justice. 

A tragically beautiful read that I just couldn’t put down. ★★★★★

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...