Tuesday 18 August 2015

Open Road Summer - Emery Lord

This was another summery read for the month of August, and it’s such a shame that Birmingham hasn’t had the weather to match! But here’s some good news - I’m out of my reading slump!


Reagan O’Neill is on tour for the summer with her country superstar best friend, Lilah ‘Dee’ Montgomery. One summer, twenty-four cities.

Reagan is ready to ditch her bad behaviour this summer, as she’s finally rid of her bad-news boyfriend - with only a broken wrist to remember him by.

Dee is also nursing a broken body part - her heart. Her high school sweetheart, Jimmy, loves her but doesn’t want to hold her back, and they’ve broken up.

When the press release a false scandal about Dee, and reveal Jimmy to the world, it destroys her reputation. A young musician on her music label is invited onto the tour to do damage control.

Matt Finch is nothing like the guys Reagan usually goes for, but there’s just something about him that she cannot resist.

Only one problem - they have to keep their romance secret as the press think he’s dating Dee, and he’s saving her reputation by pretending so.

I really enjoyed this book, but I don’t know why I envisioned Dee and Reagan as Hannah Montana and her best friend Lily!

I wish I could have a romance like Reagan and Matt - I was so jealous! This book broke my heart in places but it’s a perfect read for the summer. ★★★★★

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...