Friday 18 September 2015

Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler

I usually don’t read the same author twice in a row, but I wanted to fit in as many summery reads into August as possible - what was left of my summer TBR will have to wait until next year.


Twenty Boy Summer is about Anna’s trip to Zanzibar bay with her best friend, Frankie, who proposed they meet one boy every day in order to find their summer flings - a twenty boy summer.

But Anna cannot focus on their twenty boys and summer flings, as she’s been keeping a secret from her best friend that’s eating away at her. Frankie’s brother, Matt, and Anna were secretly dating and didn’t get around to telling Frankie before Matt died in a car crash.

So when one of the summer boys, Sam, captures Anna’s attention, she worries it will make her forget about Matt, when she doesn’t want to. And deep down Anna knows she needs to tell Frankie, despite promising Matt she wouldn’t.

I really enjoyed this book, the flashbacks interspersed with the present worked really well and it got to me that Matt had died, because the more I read about him the more I wanted to see of him and Anna as a couple. A brilliant read ★★★★★

I’m really ill today but I’m still blogging! I’ve decided that since I still haven’t posted my August wrap up that I will have to put the books I read in with the ones I read in September. I’m sorry I’ve not been that active recently but my life is really crazy right now.

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...