Wednesday 28 January 2015

January reading round-up!

Here's an overview of all of the books, YA or otherwise, that I read this month! I've had to put my kindle of the read pile to signify the book I read on there, which I obviously have no physical copy of. Also, this will be my last daily post as I go back to university next week. But I'm aiming to post once or twice a week :)


The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket - the first instalment in the A Series of Unfortunate Events collection, tells the story of how the three Baudelaire children became the Baudelaire orphans, and the downward trajectory their lives take from there on. 4 out of 5 stars

Hanns and Rudolf: The German Jew and the Hunt for the Kommandant of Auschwitz by Thomas Harding - the true story of a Jew who escaped Germany, and went to England and fought against the Jews. After the war, he became determined to find the Kommandant responsible for the Final Solution that killed so many of his people. 5 out of 5 stars

Annexed by Sharon Dogar - based on The Diary of Anne Frank, this is written from Peter's perspective, imagining how he was feeling in the Annexe, and how he felt about Anne. As it is fictional, it goes further to imagine how Peter would have been feeling after Anne's diary ended. 4 out of 5 stars

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (kindle) - this first instalment in The White Rabbit Chronicles, tells the story of Alice, who loses her parents and sister in a car accident, and finally realises that her 'mas' father was right... Zombies do exist. 4 out of 5 stars

Vendetta by Catherine Doyle - this is the first book of the Blood for Blood series, and also Cat's debut. Sophie's father is imprisoned for murder, and five mysterious boys move into town. There is something about them, and Sophie gets close to one of them, Nic, despite her father telling her to stay away. Romeo and Juliet for the 21st century reader! 5 out of 5 stars

The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson - David has always wanted to be a girl, but he can't tell his parents. Leo is the new boy at school, who just wants to keep out of trouble for his last year. But what will happen if he makes friends with 'Freak Show'? 5 out of 5 stars

The Man Who Broke into Auschwitz by Denis Avey's with Rob Broomby - the true story of a British POW that traded places with a Jew, in order to see how different their experiences of Auschwitz actually were. 4 out of 5 stars

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - Violet is mourning her sister's death, feeling guilty to have survived the same accident that killed her. Finch wants to die, and is always thinking of ways to kill himself. Finch saves Violet's life, but can she save his? 4 out of 5 stars

The Distance Between Us by Kasie West - Caymen is poor, and lives above her mother's doll store. Xander is rich, and doesn't want to inherit the family hotel business. But money aside, they're perfect for each other. What could possibly go wrong? 5 out of 5 stars

So there's the nine books I read this month, I'm currently ahead of schedule on my goodreads challenge of a hundred books in 2015. Here's hoping for a book-filled February, too!

P.s. I'm not sure how much I can say about it yet, so I'll keep it brief, but I also read the manuscript of a book my auntie has just written, Heart of Glass, and it was amazing. I will definitely post a review and give it 5 stars when I know a publication date, so that I can start the hype! Totally not being biased by the way. Follow her on Twitter: blondiecamps :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...