Wednesday 11 March 2015

Burn for Burn - Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian



This is the first book in the Burn for Burn series, and I read it as Addicted to YA's Book of the Month challenge. Now that I've read this one, I can't wait to read the next instalment. And luckily, I already have it ready to read!

Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)

Burn for Burn is told from the perspective of three girls. At first, I found it difficult to keep up with a three-way narrative - I much prefer a split narrative with only two characters to concentrate on - but once I got to know each girl, I didn't even need to read the chapter heading to see whose chapter it was, I just knew. And it became really easy for me to read - and very gripping! I got through most of it in the space of two days, finishing it just before I went to sleep last night.

Lilia is pretty, popular and rich. All she wants is to protect her little sister, Nadia, from the boys at her school. She freaks out when she begins to suspect she's hooking up with one of her friends. Kat's fling with Alex Lind was short-lived, as she catches him with some other girl in his car. But she has Rennie, her ex-best friend and serial shit-stirrer, in her sightss instead. Mary spent four years away, thanks to horrible bully Reeve, and now she's back to show him she survived everything he did to her. One day, these unlikely friends decide to get their revenge on Alex, Reeve and Rennie. The good girl, the loner girl and the new girl pulling pranks? No one will suspect a thing ;)

It was such an exciting read, and the ending was completely unexpected! I'm dying to know what happens, what a cliffhanger to end on! I'm just glad the next book is already out so I can find out what happens.

Verdict: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...