Monday 16 March 2015

Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins

This is the second instalment in the series, following on from Anna and the French Kiss. You can read my review of that here.

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)

Lola lives in San Francisco and designs her own clothes. She and her boyfriend, Max - the rocker - have only been going out for a while. But one day, Calliope and Cricket Bell - the twins who used to live next door - move back home.

Calliope has never liked Lola, but Cricket was the one that got away - but now he's back. Lola must decide who she wants to be with, the rocker or the inventor? Personally, I don't like when two boys are put against each other like that, like ooh who will she pick? But in this book, you see what happened in her past, and that really influences her present and future, so I didn't slate the book for it. :) 

I really enjoyed this book, just as much as I enjoyed the first one. I especially loved how Stephanie placed Anna and Étienne into certain parts of the story, so the readers are reassured they're still together, and we see how they're doing since their own story 'ended'. It's one of my favourite things about the series, that each character's paths cross at one point or another, it makes them feel more real.

I love stories like this, and the series is definitely one of my favourites. I'll be posting my review of Isla very soon!

Verdict: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...