Monday 30 March 2015

Hook's Daughter - Heidi Schulz

My best friend bought me this book for my birthday, and it shot straight to the top of my to-read pile. I even took it with me to Disneyland Paris last weekend, but I didn't get a lot of reading done there! 

Also, I know I'm not supposed to judge a book by it's cover - but, look how pretty!! I believe it's called Hook's Revenge too, but my copy is Hook's Daughter. It was very hard to find on Goodreads because of this.

Hook's Daughter (Hook's Revenge, #1)

Jocelyn Hook is the daughter of the infamous Captain Hook. When he is killed by the crocodile of Neverland, Jocelyn is given a letter he wrote before he died. Jocelyn is at finishing school when she reads this - and jumps at the chance to run away and follow in her father's footsteps. Let's face it, the daughter of Neverland's most famous pirate was never going to be a lady!

I really enjoyed this book. Peter Pan is one of the best children's books I've ever read, so I love reading spin-offs and adaptations of it - and this one included Smee! He was my absolute favourite when I was younger, so it was lovely to see him on the pages when I was reading. 

Also, I found the narrator to be really funny, and it was refreshing to read a book from an outsider's perspective. I'm so used to reading first person perspective books that this one felt like I could be the narrator, as I was seeing everything play out the same way they were.

I can't wait for the next book in the series, The Pirate Code. 

Verdict: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...