Wednesday 6 May 2015

Disney After Dark - Ridley Pearson

This book had been on my amazon wish list for such a long time, but I'm glad that I finally bought it and read it. I started this at the end of April, but I finished it yesterday on the bus to Birmingham. So here is my first book of May!



When Finn Whitman is chosen to be a DHI - Disney Host Interactive - he thinks he'll just be famous and his family will get free park tickets. But he soon realises how wrong he was! Every night, Finn crosses over to his DHI self, and he is told by an Imagineer, Wayne, that there is a plot by 'the Overtakers' for the Audio-Animatronics to take over the park, and only Finn and the other DHIS - Charlene, Philly, Maybeck and Willa - can stop them.

There was a lot in this book that didn't need explaining for me, because of how much I know about Disney anyway, but it is useful for someone reading who doesn't know the company or the parks as well. It would be especially useful for someone who hasn't been to Walt Disney World, as even though it's set there, most of the rides and locations they mention also feature at Disneyland Paris, so a reader who hadn't visited Walt Disney World wouldn't be at a disadvantage reading it.

This book was really good! I always wondered as a child what the parks were like at night, and the It's A Small World scene was particularly brilliant. The book really brought the plot to life for me, I could actually imagine something like this happening when the park was close. It's a must-read for any Disney fan!

I have the next book in the series ready to read, and it's making me extremely excited for my trip to Walt Disney World in November. But I'm very glad we'll be visiting the park at night!

Verdict: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...