Friday 1 May 2015

Things We Know By Heart - Jessi Kirby

I literally finished this a few minutes before I went to bed last night, so this will also feature in my April reading round-up, which I will probably post next week. I had been waiting for this book to be released for months, so I was so happy when it came in the post a couple of days ago and I started reading it straight away. It was exactly the story I needed, and it didn't disappoint me. I now consider this book one of my all-time favourites.

Things We Know by Heart

It has been four hundred days since Trent died, and his organs were donated to other people. His girlfriend, Quinn, wrote to each recipient, and heard back from all of them...apart from the nineteen-year-old male from California, who got Trent's heart.

Quinn obsessively searches for the last recipient - the most important piece of Trent. Her journey spurred the most beautiful quote I have ever read in a book: 'For so long, I was the one with his heart. I just need to see where it is now.'

One day, she finds Shelby's blog, which fills the gaps for Quinn. Trent's heart went to Colton, Shelby's brother, and he's doing well. And he's not very far away. All Quinn wants to do is see Colton - not even speak to him. What she doesn't expect to do is fall in love with him.

I really loved this book. The story is so special and moving that my eyes were filling at several points. Her dad's ongoing health issues is something I can very strongly relate to, and I only wish I'd had someone like her sister, Ryan, to help me the way she helped Quinn.

I love the way this book is written, so I am intrigued to see if Jessi's other books are similar. I especially enjoyed the facts and quotes about the heart at the beginning of each chapter - I learnt a lot from them. The bottom line is that everyone should read this wonderful, unique book. 

Verdict: 5/5, one of my all-time favourites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...