Thursday 23 July 2015

Nick and Charlie - Alice Oseman

This is IN NO WAY biased, even though I think Alice Oseman is the BEST AUTHOR EVER, and that Solitaire is my FAVOURITE BOOK OF ALL TIME. :)


For those of you who haven’t read Solitaire, what are you doing? Buy it now! It follows Tori Spring as she takes her A-levels and deals with Solitaire - a secret organisation that is sabotaging her school. Solitaire was described as ‘The Catcher in the Rye for the digital age’ by The Times newspaper, and I couldn’t agree more. Tori hides behind her tumblr account, which actually exists! Those who grew up with tumblr, like I did, will absolutely love Tori.

But this novella isn’t about Tori. She’s mentioned briefly, which is lovely because she’s one of my favourite characters in literature and I’d missed her terribly, but the Charlie of ‘Nick and Charlie’ is Tori’s younger brother. 

Nick and Charlie have been going out for two years now. Nick is a year old than Charlie, and will be leaving soon to go to university. He is really excited, and that’s bumming Charlie out massively. Anyone who has gone through a similar situation, myself included, will relate to one or both of the boys as they struggle to keep their feelings to themselves.

This novella is available as an ebook on amazon, and at only 82 pages it’s a nice little read for over dinner or before bed. Sadly I had work, so I had to keep stopping - but it killed me to put the story down. It was so good, I loved both characters and I really hope Alice writes some more of Tori/Charlie/Nick...ANYTHING. I will read anything she writes.

You may notice I’m heavily fangirling in this blog post, but that’s because a few days ago I actually met Alice for the first time, and she was so amazing. I wish we could be best friends and go to Disneyland together, she’s THAT awesome.

And, I was also very lucky to win a piece of art that she made for the release of Nick and Charlie, and I’ll be showing you all either on Tumblr or Instagram when it arrives. Thank you so much Alice!

Nick and Charlie is amazing, so if you haven’t read Solitaire - read that, and then read Nick and Charlie. Because feels. ★★★★★

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...