Wednesday 29 July 2015

The Wanderers - Kate Ormand

Those of you who read my post about YALC will know that I won an advanced reading copy of this book from Kate herself. Needless to say, I started to read it straight away.


Flo is a shape-shifter - she turns herself into a horse - and travels with a circus of shifters. Now that Flo is sixteen, it is time for her to start performing - but she doesn’t feel ready.

Her performance involves jumping through a flaming hoop, and it won’t be lit until the performance. Practicing obsessively one day in the woods, she finds someone watching her from the trees - and they probably saw her shift.

This mysterious figure was most likely a hunter, who kill shifters. Naturally, the circus erupts in panic. Her boyfriend, Jett - a bear - wants to take her somewhere safe. But the elders don’t agree.

Flo worries so much about the possibility of hunters coming for her, that she messes up her routine. This gives the hunters a chance to make their move, and now the whole circus is in danger...

This book was so well-written and fast-paced, I was nearly late for work finishing chapters and wanting to go straight on to the next one. It was so difficult to put down!

I got so attached to the characters and their stories - how they came to the circus, what happened to their parents - especially the romance between Flo and Jett, who were my favourite characters.

Everything was well-thought out and thoroughly explained, so I never found myself getting lost or confused. I’d never read a book about shape shifters either, so for me, it was a new, fresh read.

I love this book so much. It isn’t out until September 1st, but please pre-order it here and support Kate. It’s such a brilliant story that you cannot miss out on! ★★★★★

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...