Sunday 12 July 2015

The Last Summer of Us - Maggie Harcourt

Now that we are into the summer, there are a lot of summer reads cropping up in my TBR piles - here is my first summery read of July! I’m sorry I haven’t been able to post this review sooner, but I’ve been really busy with my new job - it’s definitely affecting how quickly I read and that saddens me :(


A day after her mom’s funeral, Limpet goes on a road trip with her best friends, Steffan and Jared. The journey will change their lives, as secrets unfold and grief gets the better of them.

Although this book is set in Wales, there isn’t much mention or detail of destinations, which I would have liked to see. I could have pictured places and scenes better that way, since I used to visit Wales a lot.

The Mile Long Bookshelf - who I love - described this book as ‘a sparkling debut with one of the best slow-burning romances on the YA scene’ and I couldn’t agree more. The romance was subtle, never overshadowing the plot, and by the end I was rooting for the characters to be together.

This book is equal parts beautiful and heartbreaking, I only wish that the Welsh element had been played on a bit more. Buy this book! ★★★★

Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...