Sunday 28 June 2015

Air - Lisa Glass

Thank you to Lisa and Quercus for sending me a copy of this book, and sorry that the review had to wait until I got back off holiday.


Air is the sequel to Blue, a surfing novel set in Newquay, Cornwall. Although Air doesn’t start right from where Blue finished, things that happened in between are mentioned throughout the novel to catch you up. The book starts when Iris and Zeke are having a little break in between contests in Miami.

This book really hit home for me, as I completely related to what Iris was going through in this book. Her summer romance with Zeke was fading away, and she began to feel as though leaving her friends and family behind in Newquay maybe wasn’t the right choice.

The surfing is still there, but the focus is more on Zeke and Iris’ relationship, as it is set over one week that really tests them. There are twists and turns that keep you turning the pages, and there’s never a dull moment in the book.

I would definitely recommend these books to surfers and non-surfers alike. Blue was the perfect summer romance novel, and Air questions what happens when that summer romance becomes a relationship that struggles when summer’s over. Lisa Glass writes such lovely books and I can’t wait to read Ride - I can’t believe I have to wait a whole year for it!

As a final note, while I was on holiday, I was lucky enough to meet Lisa Glass, and I can confirm she is one of the loveliest authors I have ever met. Buy this book!★★★★★



Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...