Friday 12 June 2015

Blue - Lisa Glass

I was saving this book to take to Cornwall with me next week, but since the lovely people at Quercus have sent me a copy of Air, the sequel, I thought I would read this one now - to get me excited for my holiday. :)


When Iris meets Zeke in her yoga class, she knows there's something special about him. They have something very special in common too - their love of surfing. What was once just a hobby of Iris', soon becomes a passion. 

I didn't understand the surfing stuff at first, because I only ever bodyboarder as a child, but I really got into it as the book progressed. It doesn't matter whether you like to surf or not, the terminology is fairly easy to work out and understand. I've already recommended this book to a friend of mine who surfs.

As Iris is falling for Zeke, she gets to meet his wonderful parents, Sephy and Dave, and his brothers, Wes and Garrett. However, Iris' ex Daniel keeps getting in the way - he was a total pain in the ass and I didn't like him one bit.

This book has something for everyone in it - love, danger, loss - and some lovely LGBT characters! There's a ton of recent, well-chosen references to popular culture, making the book very current and a brilliant YA read. 

Because I go to Cornwall every summer, I know the places mentioned in this book so well, and I am really excited for my holiday now! When I go to Newquay, I might go and watch the surfers.

The only problem I had with the book was that there was a tiny error on one of the pages, if I read it correctly, which didn't fit the plot slightly (and I'm only mentioning it in case it is something that needs to be amended) - but this book is absolutely brilliant and I can't wait to read Air. It's also being made into a film, Bluer Than The Sky, which really excites me because I want to see these surfing moves being performed so I know what they all look like!

It was a truly enjoyable read, I definitely recommend you all buy this book!★★★★★


Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...