Monday 8 June 2015

Remix - Non Pratt

I have been waiting so long for this book to come out, that it was no surprise to me when I started reading it as soon as it got delivered to my house. I found it really easy to get through, and would have finished it sooner if I hadn't had so many shifts at work.


Remix is a music festival, and the events in the book take place over three days - friday, saturday and sunday. This made the book even harder to put down, as I would carry on reading if I was nearing the end of a day, and basically put off whatever I was supposed to be doing instead of reading. 

The book is told from two perspectives, which I always love. Kaz and Ruby have been best friends for years, but Remix will be their biggest test yet. It also doesn't help that their imminent separation, with Ruby either having to re-sit her GCSEs or move schools, is looming over their heads.

There's a lot of boy trouble in this book. Kaz is still upset from her break-up with Tom, who is also at Remix and somehow unavoidable in a sea of thousands of festival-goers. Ruby's ex, Stu, is there too, though she pretends not to care about him ever since he cheated on her.

They are there to forget about their problems and enjoy the music - but all hell breaks loose when Kaz starts spending time with Tom's new girlfriend, Laura, who doesn't like Ruby and goes out of her way to wind her up.

I really enjoyed this book, it's definitely my favourite book of Non's so far. Her writing keeps getting better and better, to the point where I am uncontrollably excited for what she'll write next. If you liked Trouble, you'll love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...