Friday 5 June 2015

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - E. Lockhart

I have literally just finished this book, and I don't usually publish the review straight away, but I have nothing to do today so here it is! I'm working on a very long blog post that's going to be published at the end of June, but that's it until work tonight.

Frankie Landau-Banks is fifteen, and attends Alabaster Preparatory Academy, one of the most privileged schools in the country. It basically guarantees her a good future, and she follows in her footsteps of her sister and her father.

But Frankie grew up over the summer, and wants that to be recognised. She doesn't want to be Bunny Rabbit anymore, the adorable nickname her family know her by. She wants to be taken seriously, by both her family and those at her school.

When Frankie starts dating Matthew Livingston, it's perfect. She's in a happy relationship with a guy she really likes, and they're happy. Until she follows him one night after he cancels their plans, and finds he has been keeping secrets from her.

Matthew and his best friend, Alpha, are the 'co-kings' of one of the most famous, yet secret, groups at Alabaster - the Loyal Order of the Bassett Hounds. Frankie's father was in this group, and was always so secretive about its history. Even though it was a male-only club, Frankie is determined to join.

Setting up an email account to pose as Alpha, Frankie becomes the mastermind behind a series of pranks run by the Loyal Order of the Bassett Hounds. But just when Frankie thinks Alpha will own up to this not being his work, he takes all the credit. Which only makes Frankie push harder.

I really enjoyed this book, I actually think I preferred it to We Were Liars too. It was really well written, and I couldn't put it down in places. I can't wait to read How To Be Bad now. 5 stars

P.S. I've started a bookish tumblr, www.lizebronwenreviews.tumblr.com if any of you would like to follow it :) I will follow back with my primary tumblr name, which is getme0utmymind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...