Thursday 19 February 2015

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins



This is the first instalment of one of my favourite series, but I only read it last year. I regret not reading it sooner. I think the 'and the french kiss' put me off, because I just thought 'ew, long, detailed kissing scenes' but it wasn't like that at all, so I really regretted making such a ridiculous assumption.

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)

The first book follows Anna Oliphant, who lives in Atlanta, until her father thinks she would be better off at boarding school. It's her senior year, she has a best friend, Bridgette, and crush, Toph, she would be leaving behind, but she's sent to The School of America...in Paris.

When she gets to SOAP (I love this acronym, it always made me laugh in the book!), she makes friends far quicker than she expected she would. She first meets the girl in the room next door to hers, Meredith. She introduces her to Rashmi, and her boyfriend Josh, who is a Junior. And then...Étienne St. Clair, who everyone calls by his last name. Immediately Anna falls in love with St. Clair, even though she knows he has a girlfriend.

Despite St. Clair having a girlfriend, I really wanted him to be with Anna, right from the start. I shipped them! All of the characters were so much fun, and I loved how even in Paris, they all formed an American high school-esque clique.

I also enjoyed the rest of the series, and I'll be putting up reviews of them soon.

Verdict: 5/5 :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...