Thursday 19 February 2015

Geek Girl: Picture Perfect - Holly Smale

This is the third instalment of the Geek Girl series, and the most recent. That is, until All That Glitters is released on Thursday, which I can't wait for! 

Picture Perfect (Geek Girl, #3)

Harriet Manners was looking forward to starting Sixth Form, until her arch-nemesis Alexa steals her diary, which contains her budding relationship with Nick in embarrassing detail. She is absolutely mortified. But on the plus side, her exam results were amazing, and her dad has an announcement...

They're moving to America!

Bye school, bye Alexa, bye... Nat and Toby :(

But on the plus side - Harriet will see Nick when he has modelling jobs in New York City!! This is the best thing that could happen to their relationship, and she starts planning romantic get-togethers almost immediately. Our Harriet sure does love to plan!

So the Manners family jet off to America, along with the new addition to the family, the adorable little Tabitha. She is so adorable and Harriet's commentary of her crying and screaming is hilarious! I can't wait to see (read?) her grow up in the following books. I hope she's a geek, just like her big sister.

I love the setting of this book, as New York City is definitely my favourite place in world, excluding Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney World. There's a lot of rebellion in this book, more than any of the others, and I related to this a lot. I was a good girl, like Harriet, but sometimes I just needed to go out, sometimes just leaving a note so that no one could tell me I couldn't go. Harriet is really gaining confidence now she's a model, and has managed to land Nick as a boyfriend.

As you can tell, I'm really emotionally invested in the life of Harriet Manners. And in a few days, I get to check in with her again - eeeep! I absolutely love this series, and in my opinion, it just keeps getting better and better. Which is a rare thing to happen with series, I've found in my experience of reading. Or maybe I'm still emotionally scarred from the ending of Mockingjay... But back to Picture Perfect, I actually cried at something that happened towards the end of this book, because I'd had a huge argument with my family member, and a scene in the book made me want to reconcile it there and then... until I realised it was 1am and they probably wouldn't be awake. 

I am so excited for All That Glitters, I'm going to explode! If my internet plays up and stops it loading on my kindle, I'll scream so loud the whole of Birmingham will hear me.

Verdict: 5/5, of course!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...