Wednesday 18 February 2015

Geek Girl: Model Misfit - Holly Smale

It has probably become quite obvious that I'm reviewing the previous books in the series quickly, so that I can read All That Glitters as soon as it loads on my kindle on February 26th. (Don't judge me for not buying the hardback, I always wait for the paperback and then buy that for my shelf.)

Model Misfit (Geek Girl, #2)


Harriet is back! And this time, she's planning the best summer ever with her best friend, Nat. Until she's gets a modelling job in...Tokyo! While she's there, she shares an apartment with two other models, Poppy and Rin, who she tries to become friends with. She's working for Yuka again, and that can only mean... Nick. He's back, and just when Harriet was starting to get over him.

Of course, Geek Girl wouldn't be Geek Girl without the over-the-too fabulousness of Harriet's agent, Wilbur. He's been my favourite character from the beginning, followed closely by the one and only Richard Manners, Harriet's father. But now, there's a number three favourite, and that's Bunty Brown, Harriet's grandmother. She is so eccentric and I absolutely loved her! And I also can't review this book without mentioning how much I loved Rin's affectionate nickname of "Harry-chan"!

As with the first Geek Girl, Model Misfit is a highly enjoyable read, which I would recommend to anyone who loves fun facts, humour and/or romance. 

Verdict: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...