Tuesday 17 February 2015

Books I'm looking forward to this year!

I decided I would write this post, when I bought a signed copy of Under My Skin by James Dawson on Monday, ahead of its release on March 5th. Sadly, I missed the event where he actually signed it, but I feel lucky to still have an early copy of the book. Needless to say, it's shot straight to the top of my to-read pile.

Under My Skin

So, here are ten more books that I'm looking forward to this year, starting with the most recent. I'm being really organised this year, so I know exactly what's coming out and when, so I can finish whatever I'm reading in order to start some of these straight away!

All That Glitters (Geek Girl, #4)

All That Glitters by Holly Smale: this is the fourth instalment in the Geek Girl series, and since I read the third book the day it was released, I've been waiting for this book for a long time. I already have it pre-ordered on my kindle, to get it straight away on February 26th, because I have all the books in paperback and can't wait that long to read it, so I end up buying the book twice. *fingers crossed* I'll be meeting Holly in a few weeks, to hopefully get my Picture Perfect paperback signed. Harriet is in Sixth Form now, and Nat is at college! I'm really excited to see what Harriet gets up to in this story.

Othergirl

Othergirl by Nicole Burstein: Erica and Louise are best friends, and on the surface, normal girls. But Erica is a superhero. Since I love the Avengers, I think this is going to be a brilliant book, especially as it's a girl! This book is out April 2nd and I simply cannot wait!

Things We Know by Heart

Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby: This book has such an interesting plot, that as soon as I read the synopsis on Goodreads, I knew that it would be something I would be interested in. Quinn Sullivan lost her boyfriend to an accident, and contacted all the people who received organs from his body. She didn't hear back from Colton Thomas, the boy who got his heart. This leads Jessi to go on a quest to track him down, and when she does, they appear to have a connection. Usually I steer clear of books like this, but I'm really intrigued by it and I can't wait for its release, which is April 21st. It looks like I'll be buying it in May to reward myself for finishing University!

The Last Summer of Us

The Last Summer of Us by Maggie Harcourt: Out on May 1st, this is the story of three best friends who take a summer road trip, and try hard to ignore the bubbling romance that could turn the three-piece into a two-piece. I follow Usborne's young adult-centred Instagram account, and when they mentioned this book was coming out, I had to add it to my list of books to buy!

The Summer of Chasing Mermaids

The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler: this book follows Elyse d'Abreau, a girl who can no longer sing or speak after a tragic boating accident. And she was a beautiful singer. Christian Kane is a playboy, but helps Elyse to express herself. His little brother, believes she is the legendary mermaid of Atargatis Cove come to life. This book takes its inspiration from The Little Mermaid, and I absolutely love modern re-tellings of fairy tales, so this is one of the books I'm most excited to read, but I've got to wait until June 2nd.

P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han: I've also got to wait until June 2nd for the follow-up to To All The Boys I've Loved Before. Lara Jean was only pretending to like Peter, until all of a sudden she wasn't pretending anymore. She becomes even more confused when a boy from her past shows up, and the feelings she had for him come flooding back. I absolutely loved the previous book, so I can't wait for this. I just hope I can remember where the book finished!

House of Windows

House of Windows by Alexia Casale: I love Alexia, and I was so excited when I found out her next book was coming out this year! This comes out July 2nd, my mother's and my best friend's birthdays! Nick is going to Cambridge at 15, but he hates the label 'genius'. He's only doing this so his father might one day pay him some attention. At university, he struggles with the workload and the social aspect of life there. This really speaks to me, because I had a really hard time when I started university, so I can see myself relating to Nick quite a bit.

Blank-133x176

Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne: This book doesn't have a cover yet, so have this awkward blank Goodreads cover as replacement. The book follows Evie, a teenager who is recovering from OCD. She's close to coming off her medication, and she's started at a new college in order to get a fresh start. She really wants a relationship, to complete the transition into 'new Evie' but this could be tricky. I've loved both of Holly's books, so I know I'll love this one! It's out August 1st according to Goodreads, but Amazon won't let me pre-order it yet :(

Everything, Everything

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon: This book is about a girl who is allergic to everything, and cannot leave her house as a result. So the only people she sees are her mom and her nurse. But when a new family moves in next door, she ends up falling in love with her neighbour Olly, and risks everything. Apparently, the narrative contains diary entries, lists, charts etc., which makes me really excited because I love books that find multiple ways of telling the story. This comes out August 27th.

Tonight the Streets Are Ours

Tonight The Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales: I haven't read This Song Will Save Your Life yet, but nonetheless I'm really excited for this book, which is about falling for someone you haven't met. Arden falls her a blogger called Peter, and when he announces his girlfriend has dumped him, she goes to New York City to see him. This sounds like a really exciting premise for a story, especially with the rise of internet dating. It's out September 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...