Thursday 5 February 2015

Jessie Hearts NYC - Keris Stainton

I am a sucker for books about New York City, as it is my favourite non-Disney related place, and because of that I had to read this book. I am also very excited that I'm getting the chance to meet Keris at the UKYA Extravaganza event at the end of the month, so that I can tell her how much I enjoyed the book and hopefully get my copy signed!


Jessie Hearts NYC is told from two perspectives, which I've said on many occasions that I love. Jessie is staying with her mom in New York City for the summer, along with her best friend Emma. Jessie loves New York so much that she doesn't want to go back home to Manchester at the end of the summer.
Finn lives in New York City with his parents, and hates working at the insurance firm his dad works for. He really wants to work in architecture, but he doesn't have the courage to tell his parents that he wants to change his major, as he fears they wouldn't approve. Finn also doesn't have the courage to tell his best friend Scott that he is in love with his girlfriend, Sam.
When Jessie and Finn's paths repeatedly cross, they have to ask themselves...is this fate?
I really enjoyed this book, the popular culture references reminded me of when I was in New York City myself. It also made me remember just how many brilliant films and television shows have been set in New York! It was a lovely book and I'll definitely be buying Emma Hearts LA soon! And fingers crossed I'll be able to return to New York soon too! :) 

Verdict: 5/5 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...