Sunday 26 April 2015

Crow Moon - Anna McKerrow

I read this along with the readukya book group on goodreads, and I really enjoyed it! I'm so glad I didn't leave it on my shelf, like I have with so many books I've bought in the past.

Crow Moon

When the earth starts running out of fuel, and countries begin wars with the few that still have some, it becomes a corrupt and terrible place to live. In England, a select few decide to move to Devon and Cornwall and create the Greenworld: a civilisation that lives naturally, without the need for fuel and electricity.

The Greenworld is split into covensteads, which are protected by witches. Danny's mom is one of them, and when he sets out on a quest to replace her destroyed tarot cards, he meets another witch, Saba, who he falls in love with instantly. The only downside is her boyfriend, Tom.

Danny soon learns that he, too, is a witch - a very powerful oen, and he has a psychic connection with the evil gang leader and former witch, Roach. He wants to use the magic portals - sacred places within the covensteads, as the door to the afterlife - to solve the fuel crisis in the Redworld. And he will do anything to gain control of the portals.

I really liked this book, but I didn't like Danny's character much, due to his disrespect of Saba and Tom's relationship and his desire to sabotage it. I think my favourite character was Saba's sister, Melz - she seems like my kind of person. I really enjoyed the details Anna includes of the magic rituals, as it made the story seem more real to me. I can't wait for the next book, coming out next year!

Verdict: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...