Friday 10 April 2015

Trouble - Non Pratt

This is an amazing debut from Non, whose next book, Remix, is due to come out in June - which I am so excited for! So many of my friends have been lucky enough to have read it already, and I wish I had too because June is too far away!


Trouble

When Hannah Shepard finds out that she is pregnant, her ex-best friend spreads it around the entire school. Scared and alone, Hannah ends up having a meltdown in her back garden. 

Enter: Aaron Tyler. The new kid, the transfer student, the father? Aaron offers to pretend to be the father so that everyone will leave Hannah alone and stop asking questions, and Hannah says yes.

Prior to her pregnancy announcement, every guy wanted Hannah. Aaron is the one person who doesn't - he just genuinely wants to help.

This book is a dual-perspective, which I loved because you get to see Aaron's life as well as Hannah's. This book had me hooked from the beginning, and I feel like I need to re-read it pretty soon to refresh my memory. It's been so long since I read this!

There were so many twists and turns in this book that I didn't see coming, which I really enjoyed. I remember, I was reading it home alone in the bath one day, and when something was revealed, I gasped so loud that my dog tried to get into the bathroom to see if I was okay. That's how surprised I was! It was definitely a thrilling read.

It's such a brilliant book, and my copy is extra special for me because I got it signed at YALC last year. I've met Non twice, and I hope I can meet her again in the future. The countdown for Remix's release begins here! I love Non so much and I hope everyone picks up a copy of Remix!

Verdict: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...