Sunday 19 April 2015

Under My Skin - James Dawson

I've had this book for over a month now, and I've finally found the time to read it amongst my university work - and I'm so glad I did. I absolutely loved it! Another brilliant offering from the reigning Queen of Teen, and one of my favourite authors.

Under My Skin

Sally Feather is a shy seventeen-year-old girl. The closest she has ever gotten to an evil being is watching episodes of Satanville with her best friends, Stan and Jennie. Until one day, she is lured into a tattoo parlour, where she chooses to have a pin-up girl tattooed on her back, by the name of Molly Sue.

Just when Sally thinks she can't regret this decision any more, Molly Sue starts talking to her. She can move around Sally's body and even take control of her. She returns to the place she had the tattoo, House Of Skin, to find it has disappeared. What is going on - and what does Molly Sue want with her?

When Molly Sue starts taking control of Sally's life, she tries everything she can to get rid of her possessed ink. But Molly Sue is strong, and it will take death to get rid of her.

I really enjoyed this book, it made my skin crawl in places because it was so creepy. James' books could never disappoint me, and even though this isn't my favourite (Cruel Summer still has the number one spot in my heart) it's still a brilliant book which I have already recommended to a few friends. And as evil as she was, I though Molly Sue was a brilliant character, I loved the way she talked and the things she said. She had so much sass!

If you haven't read this yet, you really should. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...