Friday 24 April 2015

First, Last and Always - Kim Lehman

Firstly, thank you to Netgalley and Lucky Stars Publishing for this book. In return, I have written an honest review of the book.

First, Last, and Always

Charlotte Hubbard is overweight and shy, living in the shadow of her pretty and popular sister, Alexa. Charlotte dreams of falling in love, and wonders out loud to her best friends, Lani and Miles, who could ever love her?

Miles Fiester has loved Charlotte since the third grade, but has never found a good time to tell her. When she thinks the new boy, Grayson, may like her, he panics. He might have lost his chance.

As they start their first year of high school, is now finally the right time for Miles to tell Charlotte how he feels?

There is so much heartache in this book, I could barely cope. I really felt sorry for Miles. Nothing ever goes right for him - he can't tell Charlotte how he feels in case it ruins their friendship, his deadbeat is always making promises he can't keep, and his dream of finally making the basketball team after so many failed attempts looks further away than ever. I really liked Miles, and I found it admirable that he never gave up. 

Also, Charlotte gets bullied quite a bit. But it's not only from the kids at school, but her own sister does it too. Alexa may not see that she's doing it, but it's still hurtful to be called fat by a member of your own family.

I really enjoyed this book, I loved that it was dual perspective, because that way you could follow both Miles and Charlotte around. It was really well-written, and I especially loved hoe sarcastic Miles was. 

Verdict: 5/5

P.S. thank you all so much for reading my reviews! I haven't been doing this very long, and I've just hit 1,000 views and I'm overjoyed that people are interested in my blog. I really appreciate each and every one of you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...