Tuesday 7 April 2015

Pretty Little Liars - Sara Shepard

I'm a little late to the party, but I've started watching the television series, Pretty Little Liars recently. I'm on series three, so I thought it was time I began reading the books, as I couldn't possibly overtake myself on the show and spoil the ending. 

Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)

Pretty Little Liars is a series of books that follow four girls; Spencer Hastings, Aria Montgomery, Emily Fields and Hanna Marin. The book begins three years after the disappearance of their best friend, Alison DiLaurentis. 

Aria has just returned from Iceland, where her family moved shortly after Alison went missing. She returns not knowing whether Ali has been found, and feels like she has changed a lot since she moved away. 

Emily loved Ali - as more than a friend. She thought it was just because they were so close, but when new girl Maya moves into Ali's old house, she starts to realise she doesn't know herself as well as she thought.

Spencer tries her best to out-do her older sister, Melissa. When she meets her sister's new boyfriend, Wren, she feels they have a connection far greater than his and Melissa's. And this isn't the first time she has had feelings for one of her sister's boyfriends.

Hanna is finally happy with her body, after years of being chubby and dorky, and wanting to be like Ali. Now Ali is gone, and after some bad nights, Hanna is beautiful, and damning Ali for not being here to see it.

There is someone out there. Someone who knows all their secrets, and is intent of exposing them. As the girls start to regain the friendship they had three years ago, A is trying to break them apart. 

I really loved this book, as much as I love the television series, if not more. The book only covers the first few episodes of series one, so I'm safely ahead of the books. This means, I'll be reading the second book very shortly. I would recommend these books to anyone who likes the show. And if you haven't watched the show, give it a go!

Verdict: 5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...